Most industrial units that deal with large, cumbersome loads can benefit from investing in such a shop gantry crane. High-quality cranes that are available in the market today are capable of lifting cranes with a capacity that’s as high as 60,000lbs. These cranes boast of other desirable features such as 6-feet to 12-feet vertical travel. However, there’s one particular aspect that makes these cranes truly versatile. That is, that they can be used indoor as well as outdoor.
Before you go shopping for a portable gantry crane, here are some features that you should expect from your chosen brand:
- Since the weight bearing or lifting capacity is of utmost importance, you might want to choose a crane that can lift weights up to 50,000lbs.
- The crane should ideally be mobile, and you should be able to use it indoor as well as outdoor for your varied requirements.
- Ideally, the crane should be able to straddle a flatbed or a semi truck. This makes your loading and unloading operations easy.
- Hydraulically operated cranes are high on strength and durability. Hydraulic fluids are capable of generating high pressure that can be converted into mechanical energy. However, this also requires that the components of your crane are sturdy enough to handle this pressure.
- For the sake of safety, remember to ask if the hydraulic cylinders are enclosed, and the plumbing in also enclosed and protected.
- The units might be powered using an electric motor. The use of electrically powered units is usually restricted indoor, or at places where electrical power is available. If you need to use this portable gantry crane in places where there is no electricity, you could choose units that are powered by propane, gasoline, or diesel.
- A professional overhead crane with multiple wheel configurations makes it possible to evenly spread out the weight, preventing damage to the crane. Hence, you might want to check the wheel configurations of your chosen unit.
While these are just a few desirable attributes in a portable gantry crane, a discussion with your chosen manufacturer or retailer will enable you to understand many more features. It is very important to trust a reputable manufacturing firm that uses high quality structural steel, and other such components for manufacturing such cranes.
These firms can also be approached for your other requirements such as a shop crane. A shop crane is a small crane that can be used at fabrication units, automobile repair shops, machining shops and small assembly units to lift and place small to mid-size objects. Wanna get factory price portable cranes, welcome to http://steelmillcranes.com/ellsen-portable-gantry-crane-for-sale/